Cochise County Tea Party

Free Markets, Fiscal Responsibility, Smaller Government, Secure Borders

Don't see anything here where she brags about voting to  support DACA and to allow DACA into the military......

Dear Friend,

After months of hearings and working to defend the A-10 and EC-130H, two aircraft stationed at Davis-Monthan and critical to Southern Arizona, this week we had a major victory in Congress. The House Armed Services Committee, a committee on which I serve, passed its defense spending authorization bill with an amendment I offered to prohibit the retirement of any A-10 or EC-130H aircraft next year. Not only did the bill include full funding for both platforms, but my amendment prevents any additional back door attempts at mothballing these aircraft, such as placing them in backup status.

Watch my comments in support of keeping the A-10 flying during the Committee's markup below.

Southern Arizonans have seen continual threats to these aircraft, and unlike years past, my amendment will fully protect them next year. As we move ahead with the Senate to pass this bill and get it signed into law, I'll continue to work with my colleagues to ensure our best Close Air Support and Airborne Electronic Attack assets remain in the air and protecting our troops.

Watch my interview with KVOA this week about our bill providing full funding for the A-10.

"McSally, a former A-10 pilot and squadron leader, led the effort to save the fighter, known as "the Warthog." It is popular with ground troops because of its effectiveness in close air support.”

Read the rest of the Arizona Republic's coverage of my amendment HERE .

Protecting Local Communities

This week, I also introduced legislation that would help better protect local communities against the threat of terrorist attacks. During hearings I've held as chair of the Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Communications Subcommittee, experts continually have testified about the need for increased information sharing between federal and state and local entities. My bill requires the Department of Homeland Security to conduct homeland security-focused intelligence analysis and information sharing for chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear threats, and to provide information to officials at the state, local, and tribal level who can take action to protect our communities.

Read about my bill HERE .

Celebrating Willcox's Centennial 

Today, the city of Willcox celebrates 100 years of incorporation, an impressive milestone for one of Arizona's most historic cities! Willcox was once America's busiest ranching town that shipped more cattle directly from the range than any other place in the country. It's home to Rex Allen, the Arizona Cowboy, and the Headquarters Saloon, where the youngest Earp brother, Warren, was killed.

Hear my comments on the House floor celebrating Willcox's centennial below.

If you're looking to stay up to date on my activities in Southern Arizona and Washington, D.C., follow me on Facebook and Twitter or share your opinion with me by visiting my website, mcsally.house.gov .

It's an honor to represent your voice in Congress, and I look forward to hearing from you!

In Service,

Martha McSally
Member of Congress

Views: 3

© 2017   Created by Joanne C Daley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service